Additional Common Core Unit Organizer Card Decks, K–11 (Select from ELA Grades K-11 and Math Grades K-8, Algebra I, Geometry, and Algebra II)
Educators often use additional decks of the ELA or Math Unit Organizer cards to make the most of team planning and collaboration time.
As districts implement the Common Core State Standards, the shift from isolated lesson plans and pacing maps should give way to individual teacher or collaborative grade-level or course teams developing multiple units per grade/course. Using the Unit Organizer and Bundled Standards Cards gradually leads teachers through the process of moving from reviewing Standards to bundling Standards that are taught best together. By beginning with Standards, teachers identify key academic vocabulary and verb phrases, which helps guide them through the process of developing units and assessment tasks to be used formatively and summatively.
Teachers and Instructional Leaders Are Using These Resources To:
- Plan units, essential learning activities, and scope and sequence for grade bands and K–12 articulation.
- Identify and include key academic content vocabulary and verb phrases.
- Cross-check current curriculum for Common Core level alignment and rigor.
- Create sets of differentiated materials to meet students’ diverse needs and interests.
- Build cross-curricular connections.
Administrators and Instructional Leaders Are Using These Resources To:
- Ensure curriculum complies with district, state, and other requirements.
- Conduct walk-throughs to monitor compliance with local curriculum.
- Coach individual teachers.
- Conduct staff development with groups of teachers.
- Communicate with parents and other stakeholders.